RTK Overview and GNSS History
$550.00 USD $1,100.00 USD
Please select all options.
CLASS WILL BE LIVE IN PERSON AT ONE OF OUR VECTORS INC OFFICES - NOT AN ONLINE COURSE
Dates: New Mexico - Monday, Jan. 30, 2023
Colorado - Monday, Feb. 6, 2023
Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (MST)
Trimble Certified Trainer: Dustin Hoaglin, PLS
As GPS technology advances, surveyors familiar with GPS history hold a solid competitive advantage over others because they understand where the technology is headed. Surveyors have expressed to Vectors that they are experiencing challenges with RTK equipment. This training will allow you to assist in mitigating challenges by implementing best practices in the field. Re-tooling your field operating workflows will increase your efficiency and accuracy when collecting data.
This training will also support office technicians by providing them with the knowledge to correctly dissect imperfections in the data and perform appropriate adjustments while processing the final data. This leads to an overall reduction in costs and increases in productivity, making you more competitive in an already highly competitive market.
Users will learn:
- A brief history of GNSS
- The basics of how GNSS and RTK work
- RTK error sources
- Radio signal types and tricks
- Survey theory and application
- Data quality analysis & quality control
- Helpful office planning tools
- Trimble Access basics & survey styles
- Properly creating/setting up a job
- Field measurement routines
- Cogo functions
- Feature Definition Manager (FXL) overview
- Importing and exporting from the data collector